Have a picture book that needs another pair of eyes? Want to polish a manuscript, pitch, or query letter before submitting to agents and editors? I can help!
What I bring to your manuscript
- Extensive experience critiquing picture book manuscripts, including as part of Julie Hedlund’s 12 x 12 picture book challenge.
- Eight years of experience editing for grammar and style for a professional organization.
- Knowledge of children’s book market.
What you can expect from me
- Included in your critique:
- An overview of your manuscript’s and/or query letter’s “big picture” strengths and areas for improvement, including narrative arc, character development, and voice.
- Style suggestions to reduce passive voice, purple prose, and word count.
- Line edits for grammar and spelling.
- Fast turnaround
- Affordable pricing
- Picture book manuscript: $25
- Query letter + Pitch critique: $25
- Picture book manuscript +Query letter + Pitch Package: $45
I can’t wait to read your work! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your manuscript and/or query letter pasted into the body of the email.
Kate was able to clearly see areas of my MS that were lacking and offer advice on how I might correct them. Her feedback was very intelligent and clear. After working with her, I was told by an agent my MS strongly resonated, whereas prior to working with Kate, I don’t think the structure was even allowing for the point of the story to shine through. Kate also excels at lyrical writing, and was able to offer me constructive feedback regarding my language. I’d highly recommend her critiques to anyone.