With less than two weeks to go until the release of Pando: A Living Wonder of Trees (illustrated by Turine Tran), things are heating up! I’ll be doing several free online storytimes:
Wednesday, August 18th, 12:30PM Pacific: Storytime with the San Diego Children’s Discovery Center (on Facebook). Learn more here.
Sunday, August 22nd, 1PM Pacific: Virtual launch party, hosted by Leopard Print Books. Registration opens on August 11th. Learn more here.
Wednesday, August 25th, 10AM Pacific: Storytime with The King’s English Bookshop (on Facebook). Learn more here.
You can also catch me in-person if you’re in San Diego at the San Diego Writer’s Ink Grand Reopening on August 14th.
I’m also thrilled to shared several recent interviews I’ve done with great folks in the picture book community. I’ve talked a lot about my path to publication, writing process, and advice to other writers.
- Interview with Kaitlyn Leann Sanchez of Math is Everywhere. Read here.
- Tuesday Debut with Susanna Leonard Hill. Read here.
- Panel interview with Maria Marshall on upcoming nonfiction. Read here.
- Interview with Ellen Leventhal. Read here.
- A wonderful review of Pando from Helen Ishmurzin. Read here.
- Another wonderful review of Pando from Andrea Koehle Jones. Read here.